Sunday, November 29, 2009

It’s the little things that count.

We here at Old Tom Foolery are suckers for the details. We love it when a person or company puts in that little extra effort to make something surprising out of something ordinary. It doesn’t have to be over-the-top or crazy. Sometimes a subtle piece of creativity is all it takes to break through the blah. We’re always trying to think of simple ways to do unexpectedly cool things for our customers, and we want to make an effort to notice when other people do it, too.

A few weeks ago, I ordered a CD online from an independent music distributor called CD Baby. After I made my payment, I got a confirmation email from the company. This easily could have been another boring piece of communication, but as you can see here, it wasn’t:


Somebody put some thought into this thing, and it shows. Not only did it make me chuckle when I least expected it, but it also made me want to write this post to tell people about CD Baby and how cool it is.

See, a little extra effort goes a long way. Kudos to the gang at CD Baby.



















P.S. If you want to be instantly transported to a middle-of-nowhere dive bar with pedal-steel music twanging from a dusty old jukebox, buy this CD from Zoe Muth and The Lost High Rollers right now. Think Emmylou Harris, but with less creepy gray hair. Really, really good stuff.

3 comments:

Megan Dempsey said...

Very cool! I love that note!

Tammy Chenault said...

Haha, what a hilarious note! Thanks for sharing that little special somethin' -- now it has brightened my day, too. And thanks for the album recommendation; I listened to the previews and love it already.

Old Tom Foolery said...

Glad you like 'em! It's a solid album.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...